Saturday, August 15, 2015

Just Peachy Lemon Balm Smoothie

To be peachy or not to be peachy... that is the question.
 
Well, if you are trying to be peachy and not succeeding, you probably need a little more lemon balm in your life.
 
Just saying.
 


 
 
Lemon balm is a natural nerve tonic. It calms and soothes anything from frazzled feelings to sleepless nights to baby's toothaches. There is a reason Lemon Balm has "balm" attached to its name. How very astute of us to notice!
 
With its lemony flavor and bright taste, this herb will liven up any smoothie. We added additional greens for a chlorophyll - rich smoothie and chia seeds for extra nutrients and a little omegas. I love adding chia seeds; they make for a fluffier smoothie without additional ice.
 
So if you know you're going to have a particularly difficult day (or enduring it as we speak), nourish your soul and body with a little lemon balm and a good book ( I recommend Queen by R.J. Larson or any of her wonderful series).

Cheers!
 
 
Just Peachy Lemon Balm Smoothie
1 cup coconut water (or nondairy milk)
3-4 peaches, depending on size
2 leafs of kale
Handful of Lemon Balm
Handful of ice
2 TB chia seeds
 
Blend and enjoy! And I hope the rest of your summer is just peachy!
 
We've been enjoying lots of peaches thanks to a wonderful peach-picking day with grandparents and great grandparents.
 

 
 
"My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.”
Psalm 62:1-2
 

1 comment:

  1. Peaches and Lemon Balm! Two of my absolute favorites! Now I MUST try this recipe! Thank you for sharing! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...