Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Quick Roasted Baby Kale Salad with Coconut, Pecans and Toasted Sesame Oil

Have you been following Alisa's Garden? She's had some great recipes showcasing this week. Photographs by moi.
Zucchini Pesto Lasagna (gluten and grain free, dairy optional)
Roasted Asparagus and Leeks

Roasted Kale Salad with Pecans by Mary BanducciMy Mom has made a delicious roasted kale salad (with the larger leafed kale). It's just so delicious. I wanted to make something similar but that took barely any prep time (you don't have to "debone" the kale or chop it unless you don't use baby kale) and had similar flavors.

I'm also trying to diligently use up what is available at my home. I have plenty of limes (no lemon to be found) and I had some white beans I had just cooked so I knew I was going to throw those in. I really liked the shredded coconut my Mom had used in her recipe so that was go. I've also been craving toasted sesame oil (which I bought through Azure Standard) but one has to be careful with this rich oil so that it doesn't overpower the other flavors. It needs something to stand up to it and help smooth out its rich tones.

Roasted Kale Sale by Mary Banducci This was a protein rich meal with the beans and pecans. However if you are making it a side dish, feel free to skip the white beans. I ate it that way as a side tonight with deer steak (my husband hunted and grilled - gotta love that guy).

Roasted Kale Salad with Pecans and Sesame Oil by Mary Banducci Quick Roasted Baby Kale Salad with Coconut, Pecans, and Toasted Sesame Oil
Ingredients
2 c packed baby kale
1/3 c chopped pecans
1/3 c white beans
Juice of 1/2 lime
2 tb coconut oil
1 tb shredded coconut (unsweetened)
Toasted Sesame Oil to drizzle

1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Toss all ingredients except sesame oil.
3. Roast 10 minutes, tossing leaves halfway. Some leaves will be crunchy, some will just be perfectly warm.
4. Drizzle with toasted sesame oil and enjoy!

This serves one. Roasted Kale Salad with Pecans Lime and Sesame Oil

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...