Thursday, March 15, 2012

Egg in a Clover

One of my favorite memories growing up were Egg in a Basket. My Dad would cook those up for us in either english muffin bread or sourdough bread. They always hit the spot with the crunchy toast, the buttery flavor and the warm egg running through. I loved it. Just talking about it makes me want to cook up some gluten free bread so I can have that for breakfast. Egg in a Bell Pepper Clover by Mary Banducci 3
This gave me an idea. Have you noticed when you cut a bell pepper across in slices, it looks like a four-leaf clover? Amazing! Isn't it? What wonderful things God blesses us with. Egg in a Bell Pepper Clover by Mary Banducci 2
A lot of the recipes I post are more adult-oriented. Today I wanted to create a post that was more kid-friendly but that was also healthy. I've seen a lot of recipes that are laden with sugar and green food coloring. Celebrate what's naturally green this Saint Patrick's Day! This is a great breakfast idea for the morning of Saint Patrick's Day...

Ingredients:
Eggs
Green Bell Pepper
1 ts Coconut Oil (or oil of your choice)

1. Cut out top core of bell pepper. Slice into 1/3 in segments.
2. Melt coconut oil in a skillet on medium.
3. Lay slices of bell pepper in skillet. Crack egg into each slice. Cover until well cooked.
4. Top with diced tomatoes, pepper and salt or seasoning of your choice. This is an easy and healthy way to celebrate Saint Patrick's Day!
Aren't these yolks so vibrant? They come from my Mom's chicken. I so enjoy it when she brings me a dozen of fresh eggs. I feed Amaressa eggs almost every day so we go through quite a few eggs. Thanks Momma!Egg in a Bell Pepper Clover by Mary Banducci

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...